[Engineering] [Wikitech-l] Gerrit now automatically adds reviewers

Thiemo Kreuz thiemo.kreuz at wikimedia.de
Fri Jan 18 18:19:26 UTC 2019

> Gerrit no longer automatically adds reviewers […]

Thank you very much for reacting so fast.

> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/485184

I'm not sure if the list of issues in this commit message is meant to
be complete. But I noticed it misses the bug I found the most
annoying: The plugin doesn't get activated once per patch, but for
every patch set, and ignores every human intervention that might have
been done to this point, most notably when reviewers have manually
been removed. There are many ways to fix this, but the current
behavior is unacceptable.

It is due to this bug that I wish we would revoke this bad plugin
entirely. I don't think anybody should be able to run it as this would
open the exact same issues again, just on a smaller scale, but still
hurting the same people.

Best
Thiemo