[Engineering] [Wikitech-l] Gerrit now automatically adds reviewers

MA strigiwm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 12:23:57 UTC 2019

Hello,

I agree with what Giuseppe Lavagetto and Jaime Crespo said.

In my case, I am now getting review requests from several repos I
contributed some time in the past, but for which I'm not a qualified
reviewer. The plugin is also adding bots to review changes such as in
<https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/485174>.

While I think it is certainly a good idea to help people find
reviewers for their patches, I feel this plugin as it is now is going
to achieve the contrary (mail blindness due to too many emails).

I suggest we disable the plugin until at least Paladox's blacklist
could be implemented and so we are given the choice to opt-out from
it.

Thank you, M.