[Engineering] Your Participation Requested - Interview about your local development environment

Jeena Huneidi jhuneidi at wikimedia.org
Wed Jan 9 00:03:38 UTC 2019

Hi Gergo,

Thanks for voicing your concerns!

This is just one step in the information gathering process. I actually
started out by looking through the Developer Satisfaction survey. I did
consider sending out another survey, but ended up choosing the interview
method for this step because I’d like to get a deeper look into how people
work  and the problems they face, which is difficult to glean from surveys.

I think it’s unlikely we’ll be able to fully capture every local
development variation. Still, I’d like to be as inclusive as possible and
enable anyone who wants to respond to do so. I can definitely consult with
the team on sending out an additional survey tailored to local development.
Did you have another method in mind?

--
Jeena Huneidi
Software Engineer, Release Engineering