[Engineering] WMF Staff Approved for Wikimedia Hackthon 2019 / Prague

Rachel Farrand rfarrand at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 15 20:34:55 UTC 2019

Hello!

Thank you for your patience as the WMF Staff decision committee has done
our best to fairly judge and rank all of the applications for the Wikimedia
Hackathon in Prague
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2019>.

If you are on the list below,

   -

   You are approved to attend.
   -

   The travel department will be emailing out next steps on 27 Feb, 2019
   for your flight booking instructions. Please give them some space until
   that date, folks needing visa support will be prioritized.
   -

   Please begin adding your projects, sessions, and ideas to the event
   Phabricator work-board:
   https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/3772/
   -

   All attendees will receive more details about the event and how to
   participate as we get closer to May.
   -

   If you are no longer able to attend please let me know right away and we
   will admit someone from our waiting list.

Managers

Staff who applied checked a box indicating that their managers support and
approve their participation. If this is not the case for someone on the
list below, please send me an email.

If you are not on the list below but applied

Sorry! This was a tough and very close decision. We put a lot of time and
effort into defining and following a clear process
<https://office.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Relations/WMHack2019_Decision_Process>
and we had to turn away some folks with good plans.

However, we will be recommending you to your department directors as
candidates for Wikimania and the Hackathon in Stockholm, later this year

The decision committee will be debriefing our process and making some
suggestions for changes for next year’s committee (assuming similar
constraints). If you have anything you would like tell us, if you would
like to be part of that process, if you have any new ideas, or if you have
anything else you would like to share please let us (Rachel F, Deb, Moriel,
Srishti) know.

Any other questions? Please respond to this email

Staff list

Erik

Bernhardson

Stephane