[Engineering] [Wikitech-l] Phabricator spam - account approval requirement enabled

Leon Ziemba musikanimal at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 1 15:46:52 UTC 2018

An update... the bot went to sleep as instructed a few hours after I went
to sleep. Bot is now back up and running, with some ~4,500 tasks still to
fix.

A few problems:
* The new "rate limiting" of the API is rather rigorous. Release
engineering tried to whitelist the bot but we had no luck. So, it will take
some time to go through everything.
* If the bot hits the rate limit while editing a task, all other changes it
was going to make to that task didn't happen. Hence you may see only some
corrections on some tasks.
* The priority level is now being set to "Needs triage". This is because
the Conduit API gives me numbers for the priority level, and the edit API
wants a string (?!?). I don't know what numbers are for what priorities, so
"Needs triage" it is. Older versions of the script left the priority level
unchanged, so either way you may wish to review the priorities of your
tasks. If you know what the priority number to string mapping is, please
tell me :)

Cheers,

~Leon