[Engineering] [Blog post series]: Extension:Popups (Page Previews) front-end tooling

Joaquin Oltra Hernandez jhernandez at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 19 18:28:52 UTC 2018

Hi!

With the recent final release of Page previews (Extension:Popups), we have
also published a series of technical blog posts about the frontend tooling
that we have used for developing this extension.

Master post: Extension:Popups (Page Previews) front-end tooling
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/phame/post/view/93/extension_popups_page_previews_front-end_tooling/>

Table of contents:

   - Automatic JavaScript file bundling and library consumption
   - Better minification for frontend sources
   - Fast and isolated JS unit tests
   - Conclusions

We hope this is interesting to read and hopefully useful to other teams or
projects working on products with complex front-end needs.

We're more than happy to chat about these topics, or help you with these
kind of workflows if you are interested.

Have a nice day!
---
Joaquin - Jhernandez - JHernandez (WMF)
Readers Web Team