[Engineering] PLEASE READ: (unsuccesful) compromise attempt

C. Scott Ananian cananian at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 15 19:26:56 UTC 2017

I was the original recipient of such an email (with a different URL) and
deliberately forwarded it to security@ *without clicking the link*, for
exactly this reason.  My browser is logged in to various accounts and I
don't have a proper sandbox to use to be clicking random links I receive on
the internet.

Anyway.  It's worth reiterating to staff: don't try to investigate an
alleged "security issue" yourself, unless you are properly equipped to do
so.  The internet is a dangerous place.  Forward to security at .
  --scott

(http://cscott.net)