[Engineering] PLEASE READ: (unsuccesful) compromise attempt

C. Scott Ananian cananian at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 15 19:34:48 UTC 2017

For the record, this is the email I got, with the URL completely removed
for extra safety.  Tugs on all the right heartstrings, but I was
immediately suspicious because why would *I* be the sole recipient here?  I
don't work on any of the involved projects, and someone trying to find the
right person at WMF for a query would usually cc half a dozen
likely-looking sorts, not just target a single random engineer.  But those
social miscues might be corrected for the next similar attempt.

The URL also contained the typo "wikimedla" for "wikimedia", FWIW.
 --scott

==