[Commons-l] Anglo-Saxonisation of the commons

Patrick-Emil Zörner paddyez at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 29 15:18:55 UTC 2006

I am quite appalled about how things have a nasty tendency to a nasty
outcome on commons. München is being moved to Munich, Praha is moved
to Prague,... and all on a specious kind of based argumentation. I
know how the cities are called. I have seen the traffic signs! The
cities are actually called München, Praha,...

I read e.g. that [München, Germany] would look silly. Yes it does.
That is why it should have been [München, Deutschland] in the first
place with the redirect being [Munich, Germany] or even a
disambiguation on [Munich] as it already is on the en-WP. What was
clear to many people in the beginnig of commons now gets overthrown
and people keenly start their bots.

Moreover I do not mind having [東京] as log as there is a
redirect on [Tokyo], [Tokio] etc.

As far as I remember commons was planed for all projects to coexist
but not to assimilate them until a bad english gets the upper hand.

I am appalled about this and do not know if I carry on in this pile of
shards.

disappointed greetings

paddy