[Commons-l] Response from the USGS image purchaser

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Wed Aug 30 16:01:58 UTC 2006

I emailed Jared (the person that bought the maps) just to say that
there was interest in uploading them to commons, and he offered to
mail a hard drive with all the images! I was thinking we would
probably just grab them from the Archive, but I thought I would let
everyone know of this offer in case anyone wanted to do it that way.

It is a lot of data, and in tiff format.