[Commons-l] Copyrighted free use

samuli at samulilintula.net samuli at samulilintula.net
Mon Aug 21 09:39:31 UTC 2006

> I see that lots of people loads images and give them template
> {{Copyrighted free use}}. The funny thing about it is, that in most
> cases they are screenshots from TV, movies, movie posters, game
> covers, etc. So maybe we should make a large cleanup of images in this
> category, couse there can be tons of copyvios...

Many people have suggested that those who tag with {{copyrighted free
use}} have the following misunderstanding: "I got the from a page on the
internet. I guess you can use it freely."

I believe that the way the tag is really misunderstood is this: "[This
picture is] copyrighted [, it can used according to] free use".
http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Image:Spacechase-ripjump-small.jpg&diff=prev&oldid=2633285

--
Ystävällisin terveisin,
Samuli Lintula