[Commons-l] Copyrighted free use

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 20:52:05 UTC 2006

"Artur Fijalkowski" wrote:
>I see that lots of people loads images and give them template
> {{Copyrighted free use}}. The funny thing about it is, that in most
> cases they are screenshots from TV, movies, movie posters, game
> covers, etc. So maybe we should make a large cleanup of images in this
> category, couse there can be tons of copyvios...
>
> AJF/WarX

Yeah, they sometimes get a "you can use this document" from some webs as
"free use", which means _any_ use, which usually is not. Then there're
people putting whatever fits, even when it's a big © forbidding use.

> ps. why most copyvios is made by people talking in spanic langugage  ?
Maybe because we closed local uploads on the Spanish Wikipedia so now
Spanish copyvios can only be uploaded to commons ;-)

Following Fastfission notice i've made {{Protegida uso libre}} (I copied
from es: name and content). Now, can anyone include {{/lang}} into
Template:Copyrighted free use?