[Commons-l] Rethinking [[COM:DEL]]

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 00:51:19 UTC 2006

On 17/08/06, Florian Straub <flominator at gmx.net> wrote:
> What about having one page per day, discussing the deletion requests on the
> talk page of the image and collecting them by using a template on the daily
> page? Just an idea:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Flominator/Deletion_proposal

That's quite nice. Having the discussion on the image talk page is
good because at the moment discussions are very separated from the
images. However when we delete the image, would we then keep the talk
page? That's a little odd.

Also it wouldn't work for mass or multiple deletion requsts.

There are some interesting points made on [[COM:VP]] as well. I like
the idea of splitting by reason - Nilfanion suggested reasons such as
"problem user" and "mass request" (for category/template request).

To Gregory Maxwell - you mentioned the toolserver supplies "filtered
links" to show what is up for deletion on "your wiki" - can you
provide a link?

cheers
Brianna