[Commons-l] Rethinking [[COM:DEL]]

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 18:50:45 UTC 2006

On 8/16/06, Florian Straub <flominator at gmx.net> wrote:
> "Brianna Laugher" <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote on Wednesday, August 16,
> 2006 8:13 AM
>
> > If you have ideas for improvements, I suggest implementing a model
> > with 5 or so fake debates in a user subpage, and again share the link
> > so we can compare it to the current model.
>
> What about having one page per day, discussing the deletion requests on the
> talk page of the image and collecting them by using a template on the daily
> page? Just an idea:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Flominator/Deletion_proposal

I'd rather skip it and go to a PROD like system.
Prod is still used on enwiki without toolserver, it's just done via
categories.. The toolserver support was nice but not absolutely
needed.

For us the toolserver support could be even more useful because it
could automagically detect usage, and offer filtered lists (whats up
for deletion that is used on my wiki). But we could get a prod like
system running without that support.