[Advocacy Advisors] Updates on voting records

Owen Blacker owen at openrightsgroup.org
Sun Jul 12 15:18:20 UTC 2015

Hey,

I've updated the Irish
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Freedom_of_Panorama_2015/ie> and
British
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Freedom_of_Panorama_2015/uk>
subpages of the Commons FoP page.

   - I've listed all the MEPs from the two countries
   - I've marked how they voted on deleting the Cavada-amended §46
   - I've highlighted with an icon the 23 MEPs who did not vote on
   deleting §46 (Ireland: 1 Ind/ECR, 1 Ind/S&D; UK: 10 UKIP/EFDD, 2 Lab/S&D, 6
   Con/ECR, 1 SNP/G-EFA, 1 UUP/ECR, 1 Ind/ENF). These are all names absent
   from the voting record on page 205–6 of that big PDF, rather than
   abstentions.

Some of those non-voters were presumably just not in Strasbourg for some
reason; once we know why, it's worth removing the icon and adding an
explanation, if the reason is anything other than objecting to FoP, I'd
suggest.

O x