[Advocacy Advisors] RfC on Position Paper on EU Copyright Reform

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 11:00:38 UTC 2014

Hi Dimi,

How about offering it on the Friday for people to comment on, working up a
final draft on the Saturday, then encouraging chapters to sign the final
version on the Sunday? That could work, but might be a bit of a pain to
organise.

Thank you,

Stevie

On 29 July 2014 11:55, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov <
dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have now reworked the document with the comments in mind.
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/EU_policy/Position_Paper_on_EU_Copyright
>
> I'll wait for another round of comments, but it would be best to contact
> the EU chapters about signing it even before Wikimania, so we get the ball
> rolling.
>
> At the same time, I would love to give people at Wikimania a chance to
> comment/edit the document. It is however hard to edit something after the
> first chapter has approved it. Any thoughts on how to handle this?
>
> Thanks!
> Dimi

> dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com>:
>
> Thanks, Luis!
>>
>> They are very helpful.
>>
>> I will wait a few more days for more replies and then start re-working
>> the text.
>>
>> Dimi

>>> I've left some small comments on the talk page - hope they are helpful.
>>>  Luis
>>>

>>> --
>>> Luis Villa
>>> Deputy General Counsel
>>> Wikimedia Foundation
>>> 415.839.6885 ext. 6810
>>>
>>> *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you have
>>> received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
>>> mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
>>> reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
>>> members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity. For more
>>> on what this means, please see our legal disclaimer
>>> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Legal_Disclaimer>.*

Stevie Benton
Head of External Relations
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*