[Advocacy Advisors] February 11 protests against mass surveillance

Stephen LaPorte slaporte at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 14 20:16:56 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

On February 11, a few groups are organizing a series of protests against
mass surveillance. You can read more about their current plan here:
https://thedaywefightback.org/

There is some discussion on English Wikipedia about joining this
campaign.[0] It looks like some users support Jehochman's proposal to
curate articles, facts, and news about spying and privacy on the Wikipedia
front page, in coordination with the protest.[1]

What do you think about this? Is there anything else we should be
considering to get involved on February 11?

0. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Jimbo_Wales#The_Day_We_Fight_Back
1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:The_Day_We_Fight_Back

--
Stephen LaPorte
Legal Counsel

*For legal reasons, I may only serve as an attorney for the Wikimedia
Foundation. This means I may not give legal advice to or serve as a lawyer
for community members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal
capacity.*