[Advocacy Advisors] EU copyright consultation

Luis Villa lvilla at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 14 17:33:10 UTC 2014

Link directly to the discussion:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/European_Commission_copyright_consultation

As an update on this, as of yesterday afternoon, there were 13
participants, with answers to 34 of the 80 questions. At least one question
(about terms) has 8 answers.

We've still got two weeks before we need to finalize, but it'd obviously be
great to get more participation, so please spread the word about this on
your home wikis.

Luis

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 4:24 AM, Mathias Schindler <
mathias.schindler at wikimedia.de> wrote:

> 2014/1/14 James Salsman <jsalsman at gmail.com>:
> > Is the Foundation participating and recommending participation in this?
> >
> http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/consultations/2013/copyright-rules/index_en.htm
>

> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/advocacy_advisors/2013-December/000284.html
>
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/advocacy_advisors/2013-December/000300.html
>
> Mathias

Luis Villa
Deputy General Counsel
Wikimedia Foundation
415.839.6885 ext. 6810

NOTICE: *This message may be confidential or legally privileged. If you
have received it by accident, please delete it and let us know about the
mistake. As an attorney for the Wikimedia Foundation, for legal/ethical
reasons I cannot give legal advice to, or serve as a lawyer for, community
members, volunteers, or staff members in their personal capacity.*