[Advocacy Advisors] European Commission Study on New Business Models

Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 15:59:59 UTC 2014

Hello!

I have been approached by the European Commission's Office for the
Harmonisation of the Internal Market (OHIM) with a to-be-released study
they have conducted. It is about "New Business Models" delivering
copyrighted content online and they are running something like a non-public
RfC. We have the chance to comment on the draft if we wish to do so.

I am not convinced this document falls strictly within our focus, but
nontheless, please let me know if you want to take a look at the report and
come up with some remarks. I can still communicate comments until the end
of the week. Later than that the OHIM can't promise they will take our
opinion into account.

NB: The OHIM is the institution that is going to conduct a study requested
by us on "Benefits of public domain and open licensed works to the European
economy" in the coming year. Their reports are published by the Commission
and form part of the political narrative surrounding IP rights in Brussels,
which gives them some importance when talking about copyright legislation.

Cheers,
Dimi