[Advocacy Advisors] EU to tackle copyright reform

Ryan Kaldari rkaldari at wikimedia.org
Fri Dec 7 02:49:59 UTC 2012

My hunch is that public domain would be the easiest to convey, i.e.
"government works should be exempt from copyright". It also has the
advantage that you can point to U.S. law as an example. Wikimedia Israel
pursued the free-license route, but of course someone threw in the
non-commercial clause at the last minute, effectively undercutting the
entire effort.

Ryan Kaldari
Wikimedia Foundation