[Advocacy Advisors] EU to tackle copyright reform

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 13:50:23 UTC 2012

I can think of a few cases and issues to consider here:

   - It's worth re-reading an email on this list from 11 November.  I've
   pasted this below (end of this email) and attached the PDF report from the
   original. Very interesting because of its source.
   - The link in that page: "Infringement Nation" (Tehranian 2007)

   *These two are very good background to have in mind.*

   - The Hargreaves Report in the UK (2010):
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hargreaves_Review_of_Intellectual_Property_and_Growth
   and report page: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/ipreview.htm

   - A recent article on "torrentfreak" (a file sharing news site) linked
   on the ComCom mailing list on 4 Dec, looking at takedown requests that have
   gone on:
   http://torrentfreak.com/movie-studios-ask-google-to-censor-their-own-films-facebook-and-wikipedia-121203

   - The prior abuse of process in the ACS Law case (UK):
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ACS:Law
   - The logic behind the "ruling" in Flava Works v Gunter (US):
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flava_Works_Inc._v._Gunter

Hope these help with some ideas.  None (except Hargreaves) are especially
long.

FT2.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Dimitar Parvanov Dimitrov <
dimitar.parvanov.dimitrov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Yesterday the commission published the long expected press release
> (attached) announcing the launch of stakeholder dialogue to reform
> copyright legislation.
>
> (SNIP)

*COPY OF LIST EMAIL FROM 11 NOV 2012 FOR INFO*