[Wiktionary-l] Wiktionary Logo

Tomasz Sienicki tsca at edb.dk
Mon Nov 15 12:14:27 UTC 2004

 In the Polish Wiktionary we are discussing the local version of
 the logo[*].

 The problem is that
 * the original logo is English-centric and difficult to make local
   (translate)
 * it's a nice design, but not really a logo, it does not contain
   a recognisable sign (that is clear among others on main pages
   of several projects where miniatures of 'sister projects' logos
   are shown)

 That's why we've come up with an alternative logo (containing a sign,
 easy to translate). You can see it here:
 http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Tsca_wiktionary_logo2.png

 Now, the questions are:
 * should we launch an inter-Wiktionary debate on a new logo?
  or
 * do we allow some Wiktionaries to use an alternative logo?

 Please, comment on that.