[Wiktionary-l] Great French invention

Muke Tever muke at frath.net
Sat Nov 6 16:51:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:20:53 +0100, Gerard Meijssen <gerardm at myrealbox.com> wrote:
> Yann, has improved the standard that several wiktionaries share. The
> Latin list is valuable and therefore I have created interlanguage links
> to the equivalents in other wiktionaries. To make communication between
> the wiktionaries easier, I also try to find where "the bar", "the kroeg"
> or however it is called in a wiktionary and create a link to it. The
> [[nl:WikiWoordenboek:De kroeg]] refers to:
> [[de:Wiktionary:Ich brauche Hilfe]]
> [[en:Wiktionary:Beer parlour]]
> [[fr:Wiktionnaire:Wikidémie]]
> [[hi:विकिपीडिया:गाँव का पम्प]]
> [[it:Wikizionario:Bar]]
> [[ja:Wiktionary:居酒屋]]
> [[la:O]]
> [[sv:Wiktionary:Bybrunnen]]
> [[zh:Wiktionary:啤酒馆]]
>
> I would be happy to extend this list :)

It is not [[la:O]] !  I think that was an inline link someone (probably me) tried to make in the en:beer parlor either forgetting to preface the colon ([[:la:O]]) or before interwikis were turned on.  The Latin page is [[Wikipedia:Taberna]].  (Yes, Wikipedia, because the namespaces' translations are still unimplemented...)

> As to categories, personally I often fine them more a nuisance than a
> help. I have found that barbed wire was put into the category "building
> material" which to me is silly.

What else is it used for?  The only purpose I know of is building fences.

	*Muke!
--
website:     http://frath.net/
LiveJournal: http://kohath.livejournal.com/

FrathWiki, a conlang and conculture wiki:
http://wiki.frath.net/