[Wiktionary-l] Capitalisation the Nl: way

Gerard.Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Wed Jun 23 22:02:04 UTC 2004

For the method that is being develloped on nl:wiktionary, the method of identifying if existing words are capitalised or not, can be done by the defenition of the word; as a word can exist in a language both capitalised and not, we write the word in bold to start with, then the gender, the translation, then the explanation.

This was done to reflect the impossibility to create words in lower case. As all words start off identifying the language, we can have many defenitions on the same page.

One problem is when a word has _many_ translations. 40 is not rare. I think it would be good for a user when he can state what languages to include and what languages to exclude in the presentation of translations.

Thanks,
  GerardM