[Wiktionary-l] Categories

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 20 10:39:07 UTC 2004

Hoi,
At the moment we have several BIG categories in use in many
wiktionaries. There are even bigger categories in wikipedia. The w:de:
Mann directory for instance has over 22.000 articles ... The problem is
that at this moment they break the capacity of the servers to cope.
Therefore there are temporary restrictions on the size of what is shown
in a category.

This means that for instance the wikt:nl:Categorie:Woorden in het
Nederlands will not show all its entries. As this is temporary and as
the developpers are working for a proper solution, there is no need to
change the way we work. We just need to wait for the developpers to come
up with a solution.

There is also no need to pester the developpers about this one; they ARE
working on it.

Thanks,
    GerardM