[Wikisource-l] a challenge

Ryan Dabler zhaladshar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 16:19:42 UTC 2006

On 10/7/06, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:

>  Hello
>
> I am reading an amazing article on Wikisource, [[Alcibiades]]. It is well
> written and likely to be a featured article soon. My only contention is this
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcibiades#Primary_sources
>
> I wonder how many of those can be Wikisource sources.
>
> Danny

After a bit of searching I've compiled a list of links of those works listed
under [[Alcibiades#Primary sources]].  A couple I couldn't find at all, but
a good portion of them are listed below in case anyone wants to add some of
these sources to WS before [[Alcibiades]] becomes featured.

Also, I noticed that WS is relatively deficient in terms of classical
authors; we've got very few Greek or Roman works.  This might also be a good
time to increase what we have in this area.  It might take a little bit of
internet detective work to do, as Gutenberg isn't overflowing with classical
works, either.

Aristophanes' *The Frogs*: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/7998
Aristophanes' *The Wasps*: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/8689
Aristotle's *Constitutions of the Athenians*:
http://oll.libertyfund.org/Texts/Aristotle0039/ConstitutionOfAthens/0232_Bk.html
Aristotle's *Posterior Analytics*:
http://oll.libertyfund.org/Texts/Aristotle0039/PosteriorAnalytics/0248_Bk.html

Cornelius Nepos' *Alcibiades*: http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/nepos.htm