[Wikisource-l] Wikisource & DJVu at Commons

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 17:48:57 UTC 2006

Hello,

We are trying to write a press release for the impending one millionth
file to be uploaded at Commons.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Press_releases/1M

I thought it would be cool if we include a parapgraph or two about how
Commons helps Wikisource in particular. I know DJVu files have that
cool 'next/previous page' thing if nothing else. Something making
mention of open standards/open file format and how this is useful for
projects in multiple languages would be cool (the first djvu I came
across, I noticed had Russian and English, for example...).

I recall Danny doing a bit of a writeup on Wikisource recently; if no
one else is inspired, I'm sure we could crib something from there, but
if anyone feels like it, it would be great. :)

thanks,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise