[Wikisource-l] Copyright issues on Wikisource

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 4 22:40:06 UTC 2006

--- Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:

In
> the meantime, it
> would probably be good for people in the community
> with legal
> expertise to self-organize as an open advisory group
> (juriwiki-l
> seemed to be going in that direction, I'm not sure
> how active it still
> is).
> --
> Peace & Love,
> Erik
>
> Member, Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees
>
> DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise stated, all views or
> opinions expressed
> in this message are solely my own and do not
> represent an official
> position of the Wikimedia Foundation or its Board of
> Trustees.

If there are such people solely in the community (i.e.
not Foundation legal advisors), I do not know any of
them.  If you mean people who do act as Foudation
legal advisors simply putting on the "community member
hat", I have not heard of them responding to requests
recently.  No one who is active at Wikisource has
legal expertise of any sort as far as I am aware, so
there is nothing we could self-organize.  I am
honestly not interested in broad policy advice,
however there is a definate need for help on specific
legal interpretations.

Birgitte SB