[Wikisource-l] Wikisource have a new logo?

lejoneln lejoneln at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 27 14:37:34 UTC 2006

A discussion of the logo change is at the scriptorium
of the multilingual Wikisource.
http://wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:Scriptorium#Logo_update

A summary of that discussion is that some people say
that there is problems with the old logo and that we
cannot use it (I agree to that). We have discussed the
vote for a new logo for a long time without any
results. So we need to change the logo  and we can't
wait for a vote that noone is willing to organise.

The new iceberg logo does not have the problems that
the old version has. Those problems were the
GFDL-license and the jpeg format. And the new iceberg
is not a big change from the old logo. So someone (I
am not sure who) decided that we use the new version
of the logo.

We can still have a vote and change to a completely
new logo if the community wants to. Maybe we should
have a poll on the multilingual Wikisource and see if
the new iceberg logo has support or if a vote is still
needed.

I dont read much portuguese, so I hope this was an
answer to your questions.
/~~~~