[Wikisource-l] [Commons-l] Image donations?

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 00:43:40 UTC 2006

> > We could even offer a service: I'm sure some of us have
> > (semi-)professional film scanners (I do). Deal goes like this: mail us
> > your films (encyclopedia/commons-style only; not your family picknick;-)
> > and a note that releases them under GFDL/CC/PD/whatever, and we'll
> > upload them in high-res on commons, where you can download them. Free
> > film digitization!

On the subject of digitizing, you might be interested by the project
Wikimedia Deutschland just completed, that of digitizing a 16th
century book for Wikisource.

http://www.wikimedia.de/index.php?p=127

It might be an interesting thing to have the chapters and/or the
Foundation vouch for the people proposing this kind of service. I
believe not everyone is ready to give their pics/files whatever to
people they've never seen and who just say "I have a scanner, I can do
this for you". There are practical issues to take into consideration
which go from conservations of the documents to returning them to
their owner.

Compiling a list of people interested by such a project though would
be indeed a great idea, and commons probably is the place to start.

Delphine
--
~notafish