[Wikipedia-l] Central bibliography

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 08:13:16 UTC 2006

Lars Aronsson wrote:
> Francis Tyers wrote:
>

>> In fact, this brings up an interesting point, having <book> and
>> <article> for specifics (they tend to be long), and then having
>> <ref> for miscellaneous stuff.
>>

> When anybody says we "have to" introduce completely new markup or
> we "have to" wait for Wikidata to be implemented, then I know it's
> just an excuse for doing nothing.

Hoi,
Based on what ? WiktionaryZ is developing nicely, it is based on
Wikidata. Versioning is expected to make it's first apearance (Erik
willing) this week. This hardly qualifies as nothing happening. As to
Wikiauthors, there has been some deep thinking about what it needs to do
by people who met IRL and the chances of something happening in this
space is better than 89%.
> Suppose you define a way to identify a pre-defined reference, .....
For me there is little reason to suppose anything... Wikidata rocks.

Thanks,
    GerardM