[Wikipedia-l] Analyzing and Visualizing the Semantic Coverage of Wikipedia

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 08:27:44 UTC 2006

What are you talking about, redundant?? It's called structure, man!

http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikispecial/EN/CategoryOverviewIndex.htm

Our category system serves many purposes which sometimes clash, but
surprisingly infrequently, IMO.

Good general rule:don't create a category until it's needed. Therefore
it's not at all surprising that categories other than 'leaves' have
contents.

Why is everyone so obsessed with cleanup? It's not even fun, let alone
necessary (most of the time).

cheers,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise