[Wikipedia-l] Mediametry survey (was )Re: Language versions' popularity vs. number of articles...)

V. Ivanov amikeco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 20:51:15 UTC 2006

Loi,

I think, it's really good for the community that we have no reliable
statistics on "language popularity" and article popularity. Otherwise
there would be inevitable talks like "let's close this or that wiki,
it's a place visited by a couple of same people" (I've already heard
similar ideas about the wp-s edited by one to few editors).

In the recent environment smaller language wikipedias can feel like
really equal parts of the community -- and that's great. The same
about the larger language wikipedias, when the language users have not
come into the Internet massively yet.

Sl./ru:User:Amikeco

--
Esperu cxiam!