[Wikipedia-l] Redirects?

Berto albertoserra at ukr.net
Tue Mar 28 09:31:06 UTC 2006

Hi!

Someone from IP 69.232.157.175 came and put a a redirection to the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piedmontese_language page in our (pms) main
page and in my user page.
* The Main Page was later restored by a user with IP 193.191.7.46
* My user page still carries the redirection (which is hiding the original
text)

Now, this hardly looks like vandalism, it might rather mean that someone
tried to do something (in the meantime, the piedmontese edition has been
signalled on the english article quoted).

Now I wonder, do we need to keep that redirection, and why? Can't seem to
find an explanation in the help texts...
Bèrto