[Wikipedia-l] Interwiki links

Heiko Evermann Heiko.Evermann at gmx.de
Mon Mar 20 23:18:57 UTC 2006

Hi Marco,
> > There would be one problem - the list would include the language of
> > the Wikipedia you use it in, so if I included such list at, say,
> > Polish Wikipedia, I'd get a "pl:Polish title" in bold.
Right. This would require a small change in the software: just do not treat
an interwiki link to one's own wikipedia in a special way. Just present them
like all others. Or just filtr it out centrally.

> There are another couple of problems: en.wiki does not have all the
> entries
> about every possible topic dealt in wikipedia, and there is not
> necessarily
> one to one correspondence between different projects (Entry x in wiki A
> may
> just be part of entry y in wiki B). Thus I don't think it's a good idea.
I wonder why this is not a problem today. The interwiki robots seem to be
making a good job today. And if there is no entry for a topic in en.wiki,
then why not start an interwiki ring in another language? As soon as en.wiki
wants to join, it would be possible. I do not see the problem.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann