[Wikipedia-l] Interwiki links

Heiko Evermann heiko.evermann at gmx.de
Mon Mar 20 21:48:21 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

some weeks ago I came across a proposal to allow for the inclusion of macros
from commons. This would mean e.g. that it would no longer be neccessary to
replicate babel templates between the wikipedias.

The other benefit that was proposed was the simplification of interwiki links.

One would simply define a template:interwiki_english_article_name with the
complete list of interwiki links. Then all those other languages would just
have to add {{interwiki_english_article_name}} at the bottom.

For the transformation one would need a special robot, but after that we would
no longer need the interwiki robots and all the interwiki links would always
be up-to-date.

Are there any plans to make this possible?

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann