[Wikipedia-l] exicornt switch

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:09:26 UTC 2006

2006/3/19, Mark Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com>:
> The current situation seems to be that all AOL users are blocked
> pending cooperation from AOL in trying to stop vandalism. This seems
> like a good approach to me.

Not to me. It's not the IP's task to micromanage the online behaviour
of their users. And why single out AOL? Why not block ALL users until
their ISP starts to cooperate?

> Existing contributors who already use AOL should be motivated to
> contact AOL and request that they cooperate, or they can change ISPs,
> or maybe we can allow people who log in with certain usernames.

As said before, this should not be something to put on AOL's plate,
and forcing people to switch ISPs sounds like a very bad thing to do -
I have always tried to resist websites that require a certain browser
or operation system. Forcing people to have (or not have) certain ISPs
seems just as bad to me.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels