[Wikipedia-l] To Gerard re: Moldovan wiki

Jacky PB dpotop1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 08:17:25 UTC 2006

Chris Jenkinson <chris at starglade.org> wrote: Wikipedia Romania (Ronline) wrote:
> The biggest problem that people don't agree with, however, is that the
> Moldovan Wikipedia is biscriptal, and in practice is Cyrillic-only
> (article-wise), when Cyrillic is neither the majority script, nor an
> official script, while also ideologically representing a symbol of past
> repression (we can't always look at things in a political vacuum).

That's a reason to add more content, not delete existing content.

Chris

If by "adding content" you mean Mark adding loads of incorrect two-line articles, then cheer up, you have your wikipedia. It reminds me of the good old communist Romania, where the agricultural and industrial production figures were artificially inflated by producing crap. Of course, that system was not democratic, so that one person could have his way without good reason against the will of the people. Looks much like today's mo.wiki, where Mark blocks everything just because he wants to.

BTW, someone asked me why I'm against mo.wiki. I am not fundamentally against it. The only thing I say is that it should remain in the private space of Mark while it's a pure creation of Mark.

Otherwise, I request that the american us.wikipedia.org is created! It is right, as some people believe this language exists, and we should add content to it. There are even american dictionaries. Of course, I will fill it up just like Mark does, by copying articles from en.wiki, and by writing two-line crap articles. Unfortunately, I will not be able to produce as many grammar errors per sentence as Mark does. Maybe someone level en-1 would like to join me in promoting americanism against the imperialist brits (the "imperialist" part it adapted from Mark's posts)?

Cheers,
Dpotop