[Wikipedia-l] Moldovan wikipedia?

Alphax (Wikipedia email) alphasigmax at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 04:09:45 UTC 2006

GerardM wrote:
> Hoi,
> The arguments that you use to deny people who use the cyrillic script
> is political. By continuing this line of arguments you make your POV
> case worse. What does it matter that Transnistria can be seen as a
> relic of the cold war, what does Transnistria matter that its
> government glorifies USSR and communism. Wikipedia is for people.
>
> The continued insistance of this blatantly political POV makes me
> consider that you the people in Transnistria are discrimated against.
> They are denied their place under the sun. A place under the sun that
> does not cost us much .. hard disks are cheap.
>
> With this continued agressive insistence of the deletion of this
> Wikipedia, I am more and more coming to the conclusion that it is
> wrong for the Wikimedia Foundation to close down this project. The
> reason: the arguments used are plain discrimation. It is
> discrimination because of ideological and political reasons.

Its very existence is a POV fork - it's a language which nobody
offically recognises as being distinct from Romanian (I say lift, you
say elevator), for a country which nobody offically recognises as
existing. If the Foundation says yes, a country which doesn't exist is
allowed to have projects in a language which doesn't exist, they are
promoting the POV that the country and it's language exist and should be
recognised. /That/ is not a goal of the Foundation.