[Wikipedia-l] Europanto

Neil Harris usenet at tonal.clara.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 23:22:39 UTC 2006

Alphax (Wikipedia email) wrote:
> Servien Ilaino wrote:
>
>> Hoi,
>>
>> Ich ne denk pas that een Europanto Wikipedia ist een bon idee, een couple de
>> språker sollen be gebruikt und rien ne sollen pas het förstår.
>>
>> It's more like a fun language, but as I said some languages will be used
>> more than others, it also seems like a project which is more intended for
>> fun than a serious encyclopedia.
>>

> Perhaps a Wikicity?

As I said when this was last brought up, it should only take the writing
of a fairly simple script, and you can munge en: and Wiktionary more or
less instantly into over 1,000,000 Europanto articles. Given that, why
bother? In my opinion, once you've realized this, the task becomes about
as interesting as Sudoku does once you've written a constraint-search
solver.

-- Neil