[Wikipedia-l] Hobby wikipedia policy

Jacky PB dpotop1 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 08:42:16 UTC 2006

Hello again, and thanks for your interest in the
problem.

Here is my views on a possible transliteration engine
on ro.wiki.

Personaly, I have nothing against having it. However,
as the vote on mo.wiki shows, only few share my
position. And the two reasons are quite
straightforward:
1. Historically speaking, the cyrillic script is a
remnant of Soviet colonial policies, only maintained
(by force) in Transnistria.
2. No request for moldovan in cyrillic came from a
Moldovan speaker.

Given than, I believe that the best solution is Mark
installing the script in his private space, or maybe
in the test wikipedia area, pending the arrival on
wikipedia of actual Moldovan users interested in the
issue.

What do you believe?
Dpotop