[Wikipedia-l] Hobby wikipedia policy

Ole Andersen palnatoke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 07:43:47 UTC 2006

On 12/03/06, Caroline Ford <caroline at secretlondon.me.uk> wrote:
> There seems to be no way that Romanians will tolerate cyrillic language
> (even via a software setting) on their wikipedia.

In that case, the obvious solution is to have it elsewhere (if it is
wanted by anyone, of course). Why anybody would object to any language
being written by somebody else in a particular alphabet, is beyond my
understanding. Nobody is being forced to use it.

All in all - if someone wants to recreate dawiki in Devanagari or
enwiki in the Hebrew alphabet, why should I care? It may be a waste of
resources, but not ground for hissyfits as we have seen here.

Ole
(User:Palnatoke on several WPs)

--
http://palnatoke.org * Ole Andersen, Copenhagen, DK