[Wikipedia-l] Mo/Ro

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 15:51:33 UTC 2006

Mark Ryan wrote:
> This looks like a good time for the list moderator to step in. Who is
> currently administering this mailing list?
>
> ~Mark Ryan

Brion... you know, the guy who will freeze the Moldovan wikipedia and
wiktionary as soon as he gets the time :-)

Right.

1) Agreement to close the project.

The community voted on the issue. Even if I might agree with Node that
there might be some issues in the vote, I think that there was a rather
straigthforward feedback.

Angela and Jimbo are both agreeing the projects in mo should be closed.
We agreed that if there is a re-opening one day, it will be per board
decision (or any person or committee with a delegation to approve new
language opening). But right now, let the discussion on the matter be
*closed*. Give us all a break please.

2) Closing the project

We are waiting from Brion to freeze them. This is not urgent, not a
matter of vandalism.  If not done in a couple of days, please remind
Brion :-)

3) Vandalism

I would prefer that Mark stop editing the project. Now, let us be fair,
creating a bunch of articles is not vandalism. It will not either
benefit, nor hurt the project if a couple of additional pages are added
before it is closed. If you mind, just blank or delete them. More
wisely, just do not pay attention. It is no big deal.

4) Civility

Future civilization, the tone of your emails is not making people happy
on the list. I can not say if Node is making personal attack on the wiki
(I am not convinced, usually Mark is civil), but what you do here is
*exactly* personal attacks. This is not acceptable. You are on moderation.

Anthere