[Wikipedia-l] RFC: Principles of mass content adding on small Wikipedias

Andreas Vilén andreas.vilen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 14:59:04 UTC 2006

Before rushing into this stub maniac, please think! Is it really a
good idea to massadd substubs? Is the 'pedia of higher quality because
it has more substubs about 20000 obscure regions than without them? If
this is used, I believe it should aim towards making relevant articles
that can be easily expanded by people speaking the language. We've
seen what mass content adders have done to itwiki and plwiki, they
simply rush to get many articles and completely forget about
quality... Remember http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Substub_disease !

/Andreas