[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia on iPod (Encyclopodia) available now

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 21:03:51 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, David Gerard <fun at thingy.apana.org.au> wrote:
> Daniel Mayer (maveric149 at yahoo.com) [060301 12:18]:
>
> > Please don't feel assaulted since that is not my intent. I simply want to make sure that your
> > great use of Wikipedia content does not jeopardize Wikimedia-held trademarks. Trademarks *must* be
> > proactively protected or they could be lost.
>

> It did however strike me as churlish that the very first responses on the
> list to a cool new project were not "hey, cool new project!" but "CEASE,
> VIOLATOR. OR SUSPECTED VIOLATOR, ANYWAY."

Your memory is faulty.

>From me, the very first response:
"This is great. Would you please add a copyright notice about Wikipedia
to the copyright notice on your page? E.g. ..."

>From Anthere:
"Before anything, Robert, Wikipedia on ipod looks wonderful.
I do not have an ipod myself, so I can not *test*, but the very idea is
great.
Thank you for taking care of this.

Now, far from being willing to annoy you, I regret to tell you that Mav
is correct in his questions. ...."