[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia on iPod (Encyclopodia) available now

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 09:09:56 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:

> I think it's important that an organization have explicit channels for
> dealing with things such as licensing, and that volunteers within the
> organization don't step outside of those channels and act
> authoritative on those matters.  Further, it should be crystal clear
> to the public who is authoritative on what matters and who isn't.  It
> took 15 posts before someone finally said, "contact X to get
> authorization".  And it's still up in the air whether or not that
> authorization is going to be given, because there's no public written
> policy on the matter.

You've got a point. Generally, I'd say that on such matters, right now,
best is to send an email to board AT wikimedia.org. We forward those
mails to the legal team when needed.
If the person needs a phone contact and in particular if the person is
english speaking, then best to call the Foundation itself in Florida.

This said... In the process of working on business development, I expect
an email address will soon be available to forward request of
partnership or business deals. I expect one day we'll have more such
emails addresses for specific issues and we should have an efficient
contact page on the foundation website.

Current reference is http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Contact_us

Please use this link on the sites to orient requests.

For those who can help with the translations, please help keep this page
properly updated. Thanks

Ant