[Wikipedia-l] Re: New Language

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:09:07 UTC 2005

Hoaxes aside, many people do consider Andalus to be a separate
language, and there are thousands of references on the internet to
"idioma andaluh", "idioma andalu", "idioma andaluz", etc. etc.

Anticipating such a request, I started an Andaluz Test-WP before it
was even requested...  hah.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Test-wp/and/

Cheers,
Mark

On 13/11/05, Timwi <timwi at gmx.net> wrote:

> > I would like to create a new wikipedia in my language, but it do not
> > appear in the language-list, so I think I have to ask for its creation
> > here.
> >
> > Andalusian is the name of that language in Englisch, its regional name
> > is Andalùh.
>
> Andalusian is a dialect of Spanish. As far as I can see, Ethnologue's
> 14th edition had an entry on it, while the 15th edition has removed it
> and demoted it to the status of Spanish dialect.
>
> Ethnologue also states (in the entry about Asturian) that Andalusian is
> less different from Spanish than Asturian; keeping in mind that Asturian
> is already quite close (although we do have a separate Asturian
> Wikipedia at ast), it would seem that for the purposes of Wikimedia,
> Andalusian is effectively Spanish.
>
> Timwi

"Take away their language, destroy their souls." -- Joseph Stalin