[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia + culture differences on different wikis

Ting Chen Wing.Philopp at gmx.de
Wed Nov 2 19:29:57 UTC 2005

> I observed that the debates in many wikis are quite similar. You'll find
> the repeating deletionist/inclusionist debate in en, de, fr... as well
> as you find - justified and unjustified - complaints about censorship
> and abuse of admin powers. The complaint from this spanish user was
> posted on de as well, someone gave a summary in german which made
> everyone instantly loose interest - just because all this sounded so
> familiar to the standard complaint of our trouble makers (all the key
> words included).

I can confirm that this is the same in the chinese Wikipedia. Actually we
have just had a very intensive debate about how to handle substubs and if
anime figures could have their own article. We have also had debates about
how to handle articles which is marked as fast deletable, and the criterians
of fast deletable articles, and natually complaints about this or that
decision of this or that sysop.

Ting.

--
Highspeed-Freiheit. Bei GMX supergünstig, z.B. GMX DSL_Cityflat,
DSL-Flatrate für nur 4,99 Euro/Monat*  http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl