[Wikipedia-l] Request for creation of Dutch-Low Saxon (nds-nl)

Servien Ilaino nl2b at europe.com
Sun Jun 26 10:51:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the replies! It is kind of true what Ron/Waerth say, there are
issues with the orthography, on one of my dialect sites I use a common
orthography for Low Saxon (AS; Algemene Schryvwyse), but some people in
the Netherlands/Germany won't understand that, unless you tell them how
it works. Dutch Low Saxon people now don't really go to the Low Saxon
Wikipedia because they don't understand it and prefer to use the Dutch
one instead, which is quite understandable because the Nds site looks
more like German to us than Nds.

I've reconstructed the Low Saxon mainpage in my dialect for you to see
how it looks and see what the problems are with it. (http://nds.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bruker:Servien/Heufdpagina).

(Mark: I've already put some articles in my dialect on the Nds.wikipedia
but most people don't understand that, so that's actually a waste.)

Regards,
Servien Ilaino!