[Wikipedia-l] media

Giuseppe DAngelo pippudoz at yahoo.it
Mon Jun 20 13:34:00 UTC 2005

I finally got round to chasing down the edition of Time with the wikipedia article in it.  I thought it was quite a good article.  Best of all, I got to see a picture of our founder.  Jimbo looks like a pretty normal bloke - in fact, weren't you standing next to me at the footy the other day?

You might recall that around the time this article appeared there was some talk about the press not being interested in the smaller wiki projects, etc.  Anyway, as chance would have it, a couple of days ago I get an e-mail from a lady saying she is a journalist with some Italian newspaper and wants to write about my web site (presumably that meant scn.wiki, but I wasn't sure).  Being a competent, modern male, I did what comes naturally and absolutely panicked - flick passing the message to some of my fellow wikipedians who might be better positioned geographically (is that a tautology?).   The thought of trying to speak Italian over a bad line from Tuggeranong, and trying to pronounce my unaccented O's and E's correctly was more than I could stand.

Anyway, my colleague, Peppi (who is actually based in Switzerland), did get through to her.  As it turns out, she is writing about a number of sicilian websites, but it looks like we are getting a definite mention.  In case you are anywhere near Palermo in the next few days, you might be able to catch the article in the Palermo edition of La Repubblica (I hope I spelled that correctly).

Tanti cosi beddi e salutamu.

pippu d'angelo, tuggeranong (yes, it's spelled correctly)